Stuck by Stacey D Atkinson



Book Name: Stuck
Author: Stacey D Atkinson
Genre: Romance

About the book: The story revolves around Odette, a young girl living in a town in New Brunswick. She lives with her mother and her sister in a trailer, earning her living by working as a night shift supervisor at the local departmental store. The summer brings in new people into her life, two men, who leave her feeling confused. In the weeks that follow things happen to her and soon she finds herself of having to make a choice. A choice that may just unstuck her! 

This was my first read from Net Galley (yipiee yay!) I was very excited to read the book firstly because it was my first book from Net Galley and secondly because I loved the cover image of the book and the title that went along with it. I mean the moment I read the title, I immediately felt connected to the book. Like I would know what it meant to be there sitting on the pier. 

Moving on to the story, Odette as a character is someone who will can identify with. Especially if you remember your early 20's when you wanted a lot more that what you have. Nothing wrong in it, if you ask me personally. Odette lives her life so as to be of help to her family but deep within her she wants more than what life offered her. Her friends too seem to motivate her to reach higher. The people she interacts with all believe that they have now, things better than what they had before, Laurent for example. The two men are representative of the two different kinds of life that Annie could have. A life of new and varied experiences or the comforts of familiar life and surroundings.

Overall the book is a good read and leaves you feeling happy. The ending was also perfect for me.It leaves you with hope and a sense of undying spirit. 

In other things, it was my first time reading Canadian fiction. So it was somewhat of a shock to have French words interspersed into the book. I didn't mind it at all though. It was like a memory test that I aced. Looking forward to reading more from the author. (This is her first book).

My Rating: 3.5/5

Comments

Popular Posts