Tadka Maggi!

Though this was supposed to be a blog on the books I read, since I have almost stopped reading these days, I thought it should at least be about something that I do or am passionate about. And that is cooking!

I love to cook for people. Though I don't consider myself to be a great cook as yet, the reviews on my attempts in the kitchen have been wholly positive. And hence I dare to start talking about food on my blog.

And since these are baby steps I thought, let me start with my experience with the simplest of things to cook. Maggi! We have all grown up with the ubiquitous yellow packet. Mums hate them and love them at the same time. Kids love them. Teenagers love them. Adults who have stayed away from home have a love-hate relationship with the one and only! Having eaten them on most days for dinner many swear off it only to find themselves reaching out for the packet the next day in the super market aisle. A friend who is not allowed to eat Maggi at home by her health conscious mother almost begs others not to make anything else but Maggi when she visits them!

So yeah, who doesn't like Maggi...and what better food item to start with than Maggi!

This is a recipe which I got at my time in MICA. Many memories were made sitting at Chotta at 3 AM eating this yummy take on the humble Maggi while rubbing tears off our eyes!

As the name suggests the Maggi has a tadka of red chilli powder..and you can decide who spicy you want it to be and go to hell with it (literally)!

I like mine spicy..very spicy! I don't feel like I have eaten tadka maggi if I am not reaching out for sugar or something sweet mid meal.

So how do you go about making this?

All you need

1 packet - Maggi
1/2 tablespoon - Oil
1 table spoon - Chili Powder (as per tastes too incase you think this is too much)
1 1/2 cups - Water

What you need to do

Heat oil in a pan.
Once hot add chilli powder and wait for it to sizzle before adding the water
After that make Maggi like the way you always do.

For the less calorie conscious, add a slice of cheese to while serving. It takes of the kick from the chilli as well as adds a new texture to it all.

Hope you guys enjoy this rendition of Maggi.

See ya soon! (hopefully)

Comments

  1. Hmmm...you are worse than me about updating this blog..Please keep writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts