Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich




The quest for a easy recipe that I can make in under 15 mins after a working day and which can be reheated for another day, got me thinking about this recipe. What pushed me was finding a bottle of Teriyaki sauce waiting to be bought by me at Nilgiris :P

I have always loved Teriyaki sauce, Subway sandwiches, grilled teriyaki chicken at restaurants or just the dip they provide with some meat for dinner. And when I got my hands on the bottle, I had to buy it and to justify the purchase, I swiftly picked up the chicken breasts too and decided that this is dinner!

What makes this recipe so awesome is, that it is all upto you. You add what you like and you will still have a nice saucy mixture. You can then make a sandwich or a salad or have it as a stir fry......the choice is yours. Mine today clearly was the sandwich and I have left overs for a salad tomorrow.

Without further ado, let me tell you how to make this 

Ingredients: (serves 1 with some left overs)

For the chicken stir fry

Chicken  - 1 breast piece
Teriyaki sauce - 1/4 cup
Chilli powder - totally based on your taste...I added 1/2 tbs as I wanted it a bit spicy
Salt - per taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon

For the sandwich

Bread 
Lettuce 
Tomato
Cucumber
Onions
Mustard sauce
Olives, Jalapenos, pickles - all optional

Method:

Slick chicken breast into small bite sized pieces and toss it with the teriyaki sauce, chilli powder and salt. Let it marinate for about 30- 40 mins. 
Once it is marinated, add it to a hot wok with the oil as well. Let it cook. If you wish to add more ingredients like celery and spring onions, please don't hold back..I'd say go crazy with the veggies. Just keep in mind what you wish to make at the end of it, if it is a sandwich let's not go too overboard :P 

Now, as the chicken sizzles in the pan, head over to your plate and start assembling the sandwich. Butter the bread if you like and place the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices, onion rings. Walk over to your stove, your chicken would be ready mostly (approx 10 mins on the stove should cook the chicken). Go ahead try it and see if it is cooked :P

Now, if it is.....scoop up a spoonful and add it on top of the partly assembled bed of veggies. A few lines of mustard sauce.....mayo too if you wish to be a little indulgent and cover the sandwich with the other slice of bread. 

Find yourself a good sitcom to watch and eat away! It is going to be messy, so keep away all your belongings. The chicken will be juicy and tender and the sauces just add to it...so......be warned.







Comments

Popular Posts