Lemon butter garlic prawns



So here's the story. I have heard of lemon butter anything and kept thinking "oh my....it sounds so awesome......must be so difficult to make" and kept avoiding trying it thinking it is a difficult one to do.

Finally today I had the courage to try it. I thought, what the heck, I wont tell anyone I failed and just put some chilly powder into it, fry it and have it off! But surprise surprise, this is easier than making an omelette. I exaggerate not!

If you ever want to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills, hope they don't read this post and just make them Lemon Butter Garlic Prawns!

To start, you'll need

1. Prawns - say about 250 gm
2. Butter -  one cube butter. I used Amul herbed butter and used a cube. By cube I mean, cut out a cm thick slice of butter. Anything above this or below this is also cool.
3. Garlic - paste or finely chopped. I think paste is better, it coats the prawns well and also gives a creamy consistency to your dish. (I even have a confession to make - I used ginger garlic paste, cos I did not have garlic paste and I was not ready to walk to the store to buy Garlic or garlic paste. Nothing changed in my recipe though.)
4. Salt
5. Chilli flakes
6. Herbs - Fresh or dried, you can use parsley or oregano and basil
7. Lemon - juice of half a lemon ( any more will make it very tangy. If you like it that way go ahead

Now, I prefer to have a bit of a sauce, as I planned to have it with rice so I added a few more ingredients

8. All purpose flour - half a teaspoon
9. 1/4th cup milk ( or cream if you don't mind the waistline)

Method:

Devein and clean your prawns well. Heat butter in a pan, as it melts add in the garlic paste. Stir it in. Add in the prawns and stir well. Once you have stirred it in well, add salt, chilli flakes and the lemon juice. Stir again. Go switch on some music and grab something to drink :)

Your butter and garlic would have now coated the prawns very well. Let it cook for about 2-3 more mins. If you do not want a sauce, this is it. You are good to go. Transfer this all onto a plate and take your drink and dance to the music.

On the other hand, if you like a sauce, go ahead and add the flour now. Mix the flour in well with the butter. Don't let it burn though. Add in the milk or cream. You may add water in case you would like a little more sauce. And let it cook. Add in your herbs and cover with a lid. 2-3 mins like this and you are done.

Now tell me, omelette takes more effort right?? Have you ever tried flipping a spanish omelette?

I ate this with rice, you can even try it with garlic bread. I think it instantly transports you to a nice European cafe :)

I hope you liked it, let me know if you try it and have suggestions!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts