Tamarind City





Had been wanting to read this book since almost 2 yrs, when I saw it in my cousin's table. Finally when I wanted to get back to reading and needed an easy read along with a book that would mean something, I chose Tamarind City.

To see Madras of another time and era, is really amazing. More so, when you can do so in the confines of your couch. Personally, I live in a Chennai that is totally different from what the author himself is writing of which makes the journey even more so interesting.

The book is an easy read and takes just two after work sessions to complete. (3 if you get distracted by FB :P ) It makes you want to go and visit the Fort and see George Town, or worse still stop an old Tam Brahm uncle and start conversations so that you may too discover Madras and hear a story that only few know. Go ahead and read it if you want a easy peasy glimpse of history and have a weekend to do so!
 

Comments

Popular Posts